Verse of the Day

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Lord Rains

Sorry that I haven't posted lately... I have been feverishly working on a HUGE mural in the chapel, and haven't taken the time to share my progress with you.

And you're probably thinking I've misspelled this post's title... but I'm finishing up here in the chapel this morning, and the beautiful sound of rain on the metal roof is music to my ears.  The Lord is reigning AND raining here in Zimba today.

Have you ever prayed for rain?  I mean, other than to hope that your kid's soccer game will get cancelled because you have too much to do today, or a "Lord, my grass looks horrible and my geraniums are wilting" kind of prayer... I confess that I've prayed those kind of prayers before.

No, I mean a " God, my children are hungry, and the seeds that I planted so that we can feed our family just withered in the sun and died" kind of prayer.    This stuff is real, friends... We have thankfully never known the magnitude of the physical needs of these people here in Zimba.  But I have seen it on their faces, and heard it in their testimonies.

So my fervent prayer the past few days has been for rain.  LOTS of rain... this is technically rainy season, but it has been atypical- very little rain so far.   I don't even care if my feet get muddy or my hair doesn't look its best... I have come to care more about these friends here.

While back home, I hear we have little to no snow- a very atypical winter- which means no school delays, no skiing, no shoveling ( the typical joys and pains of winter), the difference here in an unusual season can be a matter of eating, or being hungry.  All just a matter of perspective... thanks for letting me share that.

And here's a little sneak peak of the mural in the chapel... I'll post better photos later today.

Amuleke muzibe kuti ndime Leza ( Be still and know that I am God)
Thanks for letting me share with you!
See you all soon!
For His Glory,
Rose-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment